Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, are a privately owned Food Manufacturer and retailer based in Perthshire. They are currently seeking a Technical Assistant.
• Provide Technical support before, during and after all external audits.
• Carry out investigations on all complaints received and ensure they are closed out
in a timely manner as well as all trending.
• To be fully conversant with all traceability systems and requirements.
• Ensure all internal audits are scheduled and carried out on time and schedule audits to trained auditors.
• Manage communications from retailers including scorecards, attending sampling / benchmarking panels and conferences.
• Review and continual approve systems and any Technical aspects.
• Provide support to ensure BRC compliance and any customers standards.
• Manage suppliers accreditation.
• Manage Quality management system so that all procedures are written, issued, reviewed and disposed of correctly.
• Manage HACCP system ensuring CCP checks are done correctly.
• Degree in Food Science / Manufacturing or equivalent
• Experience working in a Technical role.
• Level 3 HACCP, Level 1 /2 Food Hygiene.
• Good working knowledge of BRC and food safety.
• Computer literate in Word, EXCEL, Powerpoint, Internet and Email.
• Experience in dealing with customers including retailers within a Technical role.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Must be organised and able to take a hands on approach in a busy factory.
• Able to be enthusiastic and positive at all times.
• Able to remain calm under pressure, multi task, appreciate priorities and meet deadlines.
• Experience in Quality systems and auditing.
• Good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
What’s on offer?
• Working hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
• Offer a competitive salary.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.