Sector: Supply Chain
Location: East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
We are working in partnership with our client Simon Howie Foods. They are a multi-award winning business based in Dunning near Perth. From their meat and food production facility they supply a range of customers in the hospitality and retailer industry. A customer led business where quality, customer service, high standards, consistency and reliability are not just words they are the backbone of the business.
They are currently seeking a Buyer.
We are looking for an experienced, highly organised and capable person to be responsible for all buying and stock control activities; ranging from packaging and dry goods to kitchen products and of course our core meat products, beef, pork and lamb.
The business must react to the daily needs of our customers; our stock has a life span; we must have fresh products with a good shelf-life. The remit of the Buyer is fairly straightforward but we know that being successful and delivering the remit effectively is challenging.
• Cost management.
• Working with NPD.
• Supplier Management.
• Risk Management.
• Negotiate short and long term contracts.
• Implementing change.
• Confident with strong negotiation, commercial and communication and interpersonal skills – both written and orally.
• Ideally, you will have a good understanding of food manufacturing/production and demonstrate an interest in the industry.
• Meat industry is preferred.
• The successful candidate will have awareness and understanding of factory equipment and processes.
• Buying experience within a food manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
• You’ll be bright and understand how to create a structured buying process with the ability to implement and customise a proprietary system.
• Maintaining the data base (pricing, etc).
• Excellent relationship managing skills.
• A clear and decisive decision maker.
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary of up to £40,000.
• Company pension.
• Normal working hours across Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV Simon Norris.