Front Line Manager
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client are a leading Food Manufacturer with some well-loved brands within their category, they are currently seeking a Front Line Manager.
You will be accountable for people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs, with a specific responsibility for developing, managing and leading a manufacturing team of Team Members, Advanced Team Members, and Technical Coordinators.
• Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment.
• Ensure compliance with everyday Quality processes.
• Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity.
• Delegate, empower and motivate people to achieve goals.
• Responsible for the motivation level of Team Members, for leading, coaching, conducting regular monitoring and appraisals. Identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill & competency levels are maintained.
• Responsible for recruitment of Advanced Team Members (ATMs) and Team Members (TMs) and, jointly with the Area Engineering Managers (AEMs), Technical Coordinators (TCs).
• Strong people management skills.
• Experience dealing with absence, disciplinary, grievance…
• Proven track record in delivering against production and manufacturing KPIs/SLAs.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma is desirable.
• Current work experience in the Food industry would be desirable.
• From a lean manufacturing background also desirable.
• Experience at a supervisory/leadership level.
• Flexibility for shift working patterns and extended cover shifts.
• Strong communication and motivational skills.
• Proven knowledge of setting team and individual objectives, KPIs and employee development.
• Customer focused and able to meet internal/external requirements.
What’s on offer?
• Competitive basic up to £35,000
• This role operates a 3-shift rotation: 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 / 22:00-06:00
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com or call 01312265060.