Product Development Technologist
Sector: Research & Development
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to begin a long and rewarding career as a Product Development Technologist with our client with the role to be based in the North East of England.
This is a great time to join a growing food manufacturer that supply a range of products into the major retailers. This business will be able to offer you great progression and training to develop your career.
This position will allow you to work with cross functionalities to drive the management of projects through the development process with further support of the wider NPD teams.
Key role responsibilities
• Work alongside other key stake-holders to manage projects and coordinate project teams.
• Deliver projects to hand-over stage and ensure their execution meets the time, quality and cost requirements as per the Project’s brief.
• Communicate and manage all critical paths progress with the cross functional team ensuring regular progress updates.
• Interpret product development briefs ensuring innovative and technologically competent solutions are in line with the project brief, customer expectations, operational constraints and commercial needs.
• Follow the product development project through from concept to process handover.
• Continually develop and update product development and technological knowledge.
• To work closely with the Customer & Brand Managers, Purchasing team, process & Site teams to support the brand and retailer agendas and deliver projects.
• Maintain awareness of market, consumer and restaurant trends and competitor activity to identify potential business opportunities.
• Actively engage blue sky thinking and put forward well-thought out concepts with clear rationale.
• Support the kitchen to deliver customer or development samples.
• Liaise with procurement to organise the sourcing and approval of ingredients.
• Degree in Food Science or related discipline
• Minimum one year experience in R&D or food manufacturing
• Project management understanding
• 3 years’ experience
• Experience in Stage and Gate process
• Technical understanding of food functionality.
• Computer Literate
• Excellent communicator
• The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is confident and brings passion and enthusiasm to the role.
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary of up to £25,000 per annum.
• Monday to Friday day time hours.
• Career progression.
• Training and personal development.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.