Sector: New Product Development
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a food manufacturer who supplies their well-known products throughout the UK and Internationally.
They are seeking a Product Development Technologist to assist the development and introduction of new products in support of the companies commercial, customer and consumer strategies.
• Support the Product Development Manager in the development of new products from concept stage through to full factory scale on line production.
• Develop and interpret new product briefs and initiate costings.
• Carry out sensory analysis work to improve product knowledge and provide material and data to assist the Sales and Marketing Department.
• Work closely with the design team to provide product samples and technical detail for pack copy and customer mock ups.
• Preparation of technical detail for product specification in terms of recipe, size, quality and packaging.
• Be a member of the HACCP Team.
• Carry out Test Kitchen recipe and packaging mock-up work.
• Manage the day to day housekeeping of the test kitchen.
• Degree or post graduate qualification in food science or food technology (or similar).
• Essential to have previous experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• Numerate and literate. Good IT/PC skills and office software (especially Excel).
• Commercial awareness in terms of ingredients, quantities and packaging.
• Customer focused, analytical thinker.
• Impact & influence/interpersonal skills.
• Team working/collaborative work style.
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary of up to £25,000.
• Working Monday to Friday.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.