Sector: Research & Development
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a well-known brand in Scotland and the UK is currently looking to strengthen their business with the addition of a Development Chef.
The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience in an innovative and busy Food Manufacturing Development Chef capacity or working for a food manufacturer supplying into retail or foodservice.
We are looking for highly creative, talented, innovative Chefs who demonstrate a dynamic flair and genuine passion for concept, development and improvement of food products.
• Identify market niches and opportunities to which existing products could be tailored and new product developed.
• To liaise closely within the Commercial, Production, Technical and other departments to ensure consistency within the development of new products, and improvement of existing products.
• Evaluate the success of new products and product enhancements
• Assisting in sourcing of raw materials, which add value to the product whilst maintaining the necessary margins
• To be responsible for communicating recipes and methods of product launches and recipe changes.
• To arrange and co-ordinate product samples, requirements and deliveries.
• Minimum of 2 years Food Manufacturing Development Chef or Chef experience
• Demonstrate a natural creative flair and passion for food creation and development. .
• Excellent interpersonal and communication required for client presentations, tasting panels etc.
• Knowledge of food safety and quality and their implementation.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
What’s on offer
• Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.