Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a well-known brand in Scotland and the UK is currently looking to strengthen their Technical team.
As the Technical Manager you will be responsible for the Quality and Safety of the site and customer branded products produced.
• You will contribute to the site technical strategy and ensure that all aspects of site and product safety management systems are met in full to the highest standards. This may include site and equipment design.
• Responding to customer rejections and complaints by liaising with the relevant members of Marketing, Production and Technical teams.
• You will be accountable for effectively communicating all food safety and quality customer requirements with all factory staff in an appropriate manner.
• Maintain the highest levels of BRC accreditation with your team and be aware of industry standards to ensure the maintenance of a business strategic advantage.
• Working alongside the Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of new product development including legal packaging sign-off, specification generation, and product development systems.
• A key part of your role will be leading, motivating and developing the technical team and ensuring that all staff understands the requirements for food safety and quality management.
• You will be accountable for the management of hygiene standards
• In addition, you will carry out any other duties as directed by Senior Management.
• The successful candidate will be educated to a high level (Degree preferred) in a science related discipline.
• Have experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment.
• Experience in quality assurance/quality control/ food safety/ environmental standards/ organics.
• Managerial Experience.
• Audit Qualification and experience and proven delivery of effective QA/QC and safety systems. (BRC, customer COP, SALSA).
• Excellent Communication Skills.
What’s on Offer?
• Shift pattern is Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:30
• 28 days annual leave
• Standard Life Pension
• Salary in the region of £35k - £45k
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.