Health and Safety Manager
Sector: Health & Safety
Location: North East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a prestigious and successful food processor with an interesting and popular product range.
They are currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their senior management team.
The position holder will offer expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health & safety environment. This is a key role helping control occupational risk.
• Preparing health & safety strategies and ensure all internal policies are in line with current legislation and best practice.
• Ensure all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted.
• Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health & safety working practices.
• Organising safety committee meetings and produce management reports.
• Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health & safety issues and risks.
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
• Ensuring safe systems of work are in place and are regularly reviewed.
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
• Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
• Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
• Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect your employer's industry.
• Attending Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and reading professional journals.
• Liaising with regulatory bodies to ensure the company is compliant with mandatory regulations.
• Carrying out accident investigations on site and producing subsequent reports and recommendations and identify any trends.
• Carrying out fire drills and ensuring that fire evacuation procedures are up to date regularly tested and trained out.
• To monitor, assist, provide guidance and train where necessary individuals to carry out risk assessments.
• Ensuring the safe installation of equipment on site.
• Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
• Knowledge of current H&S legislation including application of OHSAS 18001.
• Minimum NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
• Excellent communicator with ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
• High level of computer literacy including presentation skills.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably food and/or drink.
• Full UK driving license.
What’s on offer?
• A salary of up to £38,000 per annum.
• Contributory pension.
• Relocation assistance if required.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris at email@example.com or call 01312265060.