Integrated Quality Systems Manager, Central Scotland
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a leading international food manufacturer are seeking an Integrated Quality Systems Manager for their site in central Scotland.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead and implement improvements in the application of Integrated Management Systems across the businesses aqua nutrition business covering the North Sea region, where these systems and procedures contribute to company compliance with legal requirements, food and feed safety and quality, environmental impact and health and safety.
The position holder will facilitate these improvements across multiple sites in the UK and Norway, working with local contacts to advise them of best practice and drive continuous improvement. For the site in Scotland, the position holder will lead in ensuring alignment on standards and policies, collating and reviewing quality systems documents, internal audits and third party audits and responding to regulatory changes in the UK.
• Regular contact with and support to local and multifunctional teams to improve the application and functionality of the integrated quality management systems across business sites in the UK and Nordic region.
• To be the local lead for the UK site to ensure compliance with all 3rd party and regulatory quality and food/ feed safety standards, including leading the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) team and food safety team.
• To monitor and manage continued compliance with 3rd party audited quality systems and standards
• To promote a culture of continuous improvement relating to food safety and quality across business in the North Sea region (Scotland and Nordics).
• Degree (or equivalent) in food science, food studies, food technology or an equivalent science based education.
• Experience in implementing food safety, quality, environmental and safety management systems including; ISO 90001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 22000 and PAS 222 in a food or feed manufacturing environment whilst embedding a strong food safety culture
• Experience in facilitating and driving continuous improvement via integrated management systems.
• Ability to drive change in multi-site companies.
• Lean Six Sigma certification or equivalent would be advantageous.
• Experience of food and/or feed production processes.
• Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently.
What’s on offer?
• A very competitive salary commensurate with position level.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.