Health and Safety Manager
Sector: Health & Safety
Job type: Permanent
Our client is an international food manufacturer they are currently seeking a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to strengthen their management team.
The role will be to support the management team and give commercial advice on all matters relating to health, safety and environment to support their corporate strategy.
• To actively support the management team to meet Health, Safety and Environmental KPIs and performance objectives with the aim of improving site safety and commercial objectives.
• Conduct and complete all site related risk assessments with the support of line management to identify all key risks within the location and make commercial recommendations to reduce such risks.
• Carry out and complete specialist risk assessments such as Manual Handling, CoSHH and DSE to ensure that risks are reduced to meet commercial and legislative requirements.
• To conduct detailed accident investigations and recommend commercial solutions to prevent re occurrences.
• Conduct a detailed analysis of all health & safety related training and produce comprehensive training matrices by role to ensure legal compliance.
• Supports the Site Operations Manager/Director by facilitating site health & safety committee meetings and environmental/energy meetings by providing statistical information and health & safety advice.
• Maintain the site to the ISO 14001 environmental standard.
• Preferred to have NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
• Essential to have NEBOSH certificate.
• Experience working within an FMCG environment, ideally food and drink based across multiple sites.
• Strong communication and relationship management skills.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of all relevant H&S and Environmental legislation and regulations and external certification standards.
• Strong IT skills required.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive starting salary reflective of experience up to £40,000 per annum.
• Private Pension.
• Monday to Friday working hours between 07.30-16.00
• 28 days leave inclusive of bank holidays.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.