Technical Manager, Highlands & Isles
Location: Highlands & Isles
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a food manufacturing business is currently seeking a Technical Manager.
The business that has experienced significant positive change recently and predicted future growth, this is a great time to part of the next chapter of their story.
Main mandate will be to contribute to the profitable growth of the business, through the development & implementation of strong end-to-end quality programs.
• The primary role and responsibility for this position is to manage and provide leadership to the Technical/Quality Team which includes Product regulation management, Quality assurance and quality control, Food safety management standards, Consumer and customer complaints management.
• Will guarantee the business fully respects the product regulation, law & policies.
• Will lead the development and maintenance of internationally recognized Food Safety Management standards such as IFS, BRC, Global Gap, RSPCA, Organic, Label Rouge as well as customer – driven QHSE standards.
• Will particularly ensure that products reach consistently the quality standards as defined in agreed specifications.
• Will maintain awareness of emerging EU food issues.
• Will also ensure the development of a talent pool within team regarding QAQS functional and managerial competencies.
• Proven business experience in the food industry – preferably a chilled environment.
• Previous experience of operating at Technical Manager Level with extensive knowledge of QSM.
• Degree in a Food science technology, veterinary sciences or a related field.
• Hold certification in Advanced/INT HACCP, Advanced Hygiene, Lead Auditor and Internal auditing certificate. Proven competent in designing, documenting and implementing QMS.
• Excellent working knowledge BRC V7.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
What’s on offer?
A starting salary up to £60,000 D.O.E.
Car cash allowance
Death in service payment
28 days holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01312265060.