Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a well-known and award winning business in their food manufacturing category. They are currently looking for a Technical Lead.
The role will be to handle the daily technical aspects of the company, covering an expanding retail and middle ground business with a wide range of products.
• Support in the management and development of the Quality Management Systems, procedures and policies
• Responsible for maintaining the site internal audit system including resolution of corrective actions
• Develop and maintain hygiene procedures
• HACCP Team leader
• Provide Technical expertise and support before, during and after all external audits.
• Assist in staff training
• Conduct Quality KPI and Quality Review meetings
• Coordinating, interpreting and communicating laboratory results to the site management team
• Support the business in maintaining BRC accreditation
• Ensure customer standards (e.g. TFMS) are met
• Identify, develop, document and implement procedural improvements
• Responsible for overseeing the laboratory and making sure the department is cost effective, and ensuring all tests are being carried out to the requirements of the business
• Manage communications from retailers including scorecards, attending sampling / benchmarking panels and conferences
• Manage supplier approval system
• Degree in Food Science / Manufacturing or equivalent preferred
• Experience working in a technical / quality role within food related industry either in operations, quality or laboratory disciplines
• Intermediate Food Hygiene
• Knowledge of BRC standards and food safety
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email
• Advanced HACCP preferred
• Customer specifications/Questionnaires/policies/food scare statements
• Food labelling/nutritional/packaging approval/supplier approval
• Fully conversant with BRC v7
What’s on offer?
• A starting salary of up to £35,000 D.O.E.
• Working hours of Monday to Friday 08.30-17.30 with flexibility for business requirements
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.