Packaging Operations Manager
Location: North East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a high calibre Packing Operations Manager to join their team based at manufacturing site in Fife.
As an Operations Manager you’ll be a key member of the site management team, providing leadership and driving performance excellence. Leading a team of Front Line Managers, you’ll have overall responsibility for the delivery of a balanced scorecard, meeting AOP targets and driving continuous improvement at site.
• Take a lead role in influencing the broader site agenda to ensure consistency of approach and best practice across the Operations agenda.
• You’ll set the direction, culture and standards for people and performance at site and ensure those commitments are met.
• Direct line management of Front Line Managers, in addition to overall responsibility for over 100 front line employees.
• Working closely with the Senior Operations Manager, you’ll identify and deliver on opportunities for collaboration and sharing best practice.
• Deliver the AOP through daily/weekly/period management on all aspects of Operations performance.
• Deliver the site safety agenda supporting audits and employee engagement in safety initiatives.
• Daily compliance with Supply Planning requirements and flawless execution of all product-related change (NPD, trials, promotions, etc).
• Overall responsibility for quality and food safety/hygiene standards.
• Manage all aspects of performance including labour and resource planning.
• Take a lead role in Lean and QCDM Management.
• Significant operational manufacturing experience and knowledge (products, processes, maintenance)
• Capable, credible and authentic people leader with experience of setting standards and holding people to account
• Great influencing, motivating and coaching skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation
• Understanding of Operations financial processes and systems (AOP, forecasting, etc)
• Flexible approach
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to make balanced short and long term recommendations on the basis of available data
• A proven track record of project management and affecting change
• Experience of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies
What’s on offer?
• Starting salary of £50,000-£55000,
• 10% performance related bonus
• Company car
• 3rd party business related incentives
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.