Sector: New Product Development
Location: North East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food manufacturer and an award winning business with an exciting and innovative product range. The business is very dynamic and they are experiencing excellent growth. Supplying quality food products to major retailers and foodservice establishments UK wide, our client has just gained new business with a top 4 retailer. Due to recent growth they are looking to expand their team with the role of NPD Manager.
You will lead the business NPD agenda to deliver end to end ownership of NPD, product renovation, process Improvement and capability development. Drive a culture of engagement and collaboration across functions to deliver the business agenda through strong project management and open dialogue. Work closely with the Head of Innovation to deliver successful conversion of concepts to launch. Ensure customer and business expectations are met in full regarding compliance on food safety, legality and quality.
• Delivery of the NPD launch programme on time in full.
• Drive a culture of excellence in execution of new product launches through cross functional engagement.
• Work closely with the Commercial Innovation manager on the shape and scope of the overall plan and ensure that projects transition smoothly from concept to market.
• Drive continuous improvement in quality and consistency through process improvement and through controls implemented within the NPD cycle.
• Build and drive strong relationships in key customer accounts.
• Clearly allocate / delegate tasks for critical paths within the NPD plan, driving a culture of pace, accountability and collective delivery.
• Be a champion of product quality.
• Stay abreast of latest food trends
• HNC/HND or degree in a food related subject
• Minimum 5 years relevant NPD experience.
• Strong communication and engagement skills both written and verbal
• Strong capability in project management.
• Has demonstrated clear vision in developing team capability or changes to workflows to meet changing business need.
• Can demonstrate a successful track record of NPD programme delivery in a fast paced, multi-priority environment.
• Genuine passion for food and creative thinker.
What’s on offer?
• Salary Dependent on experience
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.