Site Engineering Manager, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
As our Site Engineering Manager you’ll be the Head of Department for all engineering and maintenance activity as a support to the operations function on site.
You’ll be responsible for the control of all maintenance costs, legislative compliance and development of ongoing maintenance strategies.
You will also be responsible for delivery of the site Capital projects program.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic direction for maintenance activity on site.
- Sets the standard for all engineering / maintenance activities carried out.
- Control of maintenance costs: labour and R&M spend for site buildings, infrastructure, utilities and equipment.
- Accountability for engineering downtime issues.
- Development of team capability, communications framework, shift skills balance and pipeline fill.
- Legislative compliance e.g. Electrical policy, pressure vessels, P.T.W, etc.
- Control of site stores and technical purchasing
- Key contact for delivery of annual site capital spend
- Site engineering pay awards/engineering union interaction
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical engineering background – degree level / Chartered Engineer status.
- FMCG background – preferably maintenance and projects experience.
- Pragmatic problem solver in touch with the pace of the business.
- Good communicator to all levels of the business.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Continuous improvement within modern manufacturing environments.
If you’re looking for a performing and growing business that can offer you a positive challenge, working with great people and brands, please apply within.