Shift Manager, Yorkshire
Job type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role – Production Shift Manager
To effectively manage the overall performance of the appropriate zone. This will require the post holder to provide effective leadership to the team leaders and production teams; ensuring a safe environment from which to work and produce quality products efficiently whilst developing and nurturing a continuous improvement culture.
Health, Safety & Environmental
Manage risk to create a safe working environment in the factory and manage its improvement.
Good Manufacturing Practice / Standards
Accountable for ensuring GMP compliance throughout the factory.
Measured through internal and external audit processes and non-conformances
Quality products / specifications
Ensure quality is delivered to a level that meets Customer standards and expectations across the factory, responsible for complaints management and resolution.
Responsible for signing off new product standards from operational perspective.
Operates effective in delivering the production schedule and is accountable for its fulfilment.
Works with Supply Chain to ensure material availability
Measured by plan attainment and Customer Service Level %
Manage and establish control of component usage, direct labour, utilities consumption and manufacturing consumables to budget level.
Measure any variances from standard levels, explain the variance and deliver plans of action to improve performance to the target level.
Accountable for ensuring the continuity of Daily Rituals and Reviews, and coaching team on compliance.
Measure and report on shift performance explaining variances to agreed standards.
Measured by p/Kg direct labour, material usage variances to standard, actual waste levels and the segregation of waste into separate streams, utilities consumption rate and shift OEE
Values, Team Management and Coaching
Manage teams’ performance, conduct and development. Review their progress against agreed objectives regularly. Ensure that skills matrices are accurate and current, and develop a succession plan for the team. Measured by engagement score, productivity, adherence to Company processes and policies, evidence of open communication of site goals and performance and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of leading a large operational team in high-speed packaging FMCG, ideally in the food sector
• Successfully used CI techniques to lead and improve team/production unit performance
• Experience of working in a unionised environment/ working environment/ worker council
• Knowledge of production planning processes
• Knowledge of retailer standards and how to control quality in a food manufacturer
• Knowledge of performance management and people development techniques
• Knowledge of budgeting and cost control
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques
• Manufacturing and/ or Management qualification Level 3 or above
• IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate
Hours Monday to Friday 6am-2pm OR 2pm-10pm