Shift Manager, North East Scotland
Location: North East Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful food manufacturer and an award winning business with an exciting and innovative product range. The business is very dynamic and they are experiencing excellent growth. Supplying quality food products to major retailers and foodservice establishments UK wide, our client has just gained new business with a top 4 retailer. Due to recent growth they are looking to expand their team with the role of a Shift Manager.
Working towards overall management of all areas of the factory within the business whilst meeting financial and service targets of the business.
• Ensure production and conformances to plan targets are met.
• Plan and implement the weekly labour plan, making necessary adjustments on a daily basis including planning and managing overtime requirements.
• Control levels and accuracy of waste and be responsible for waste recording and for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Achieve hygiene audit requirements and plan and manage weekly cleaning schedules.
• You will also be required to undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations, and also be responsible for ensuring standards of conduct are maintained and managing disciplinary and grievance situations within your team.
• Responsible for coaching, developing, leading staff & establishing a culture to support all aspects of lean manufacturing teams.
• Responsible for achieving budgeted figures.
• Planning & prioritising work & ensuring maximum use of resources.
• Have leadership skills, and will lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity
• Be a confident and effective communicator, and be able to demonstrate a track record in leading teams to drive up standards and improve efficiency in all areas
• Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, and see change as an opportunity
• Delegate, empower, influence and motivate people to achieve goals
• Develop and support people through coaching and feedback to achieve excellence
• Have experience of working with LEAN
What’s on offer?
• Salary dependent on experience up to £40,000.
• Shift cover will be 4 on 4 off across 12 hour day shifts.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon Norris on 0131 226 5060.