Are you an experienced Shift Manager looking for a new role in a booming manufacturing business?
At present I am working with a renowned employer, with multiple sites across the U.K, who are a leader in a very niche' product sector, supplying an array of products to all major U.K retailers. At present, they have introduced a new product range, with 1 said major retailer which is flying off the shelves, and are looking to expand their operations team as a result. In turn, they are also looking to expand their team to cope with the Christmas Rush.
Purpose of the Role
To effectively manage the overall performance of the appropriate zone. This will require the post holder to provide effective leadership to the team leaders and production teams; ensuring a safe environment from which to work and produce quality products efficiently whilst developing and nurturing a continuous improvement culture.
Monday to Friday, 2pm – 10pm shift
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of leading a large operational team in high-speed packaging FMCG, ideally in the food sector
• Successfully used CI techniques to lead and improve team/production unit performance
• Experience of working in a unionised environment/ working environment/ worker council
• Knowledge of production planning processes
• Knowledge of retailer standards and how to control quality in a food manufacturer
• Knowledge of performance management and people development techniques
• Knowledge of budgeting and cost control
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques
• Manufacturing and/ or Management qualification Level 3 or above
• IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate
If this role is of interest, please apply, and Hamish Macleod will give you a call to discuss your application in more detail.