Senior Software Developer, North West England
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
My client is based in the heart of Manchester and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a software development team. Your role will be to develop solutions based on business requirements (working in an Agile environment).
As a Senior member of the development team, your role will involve mentoring other developers in the team to suggest using best practices. This role involves working in a collaborative environment where you will have the chance to share ideas, best practices and personally develop by using the latest tech. There is also the scope to be involved in the weekly developer training sessions to continually keep your skills up to date, as well as access to an on-demand training platform for self-study and development.
· Computer Science degree or equivalent qualification
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial environment
· Self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work with limited supervision and guidance
· Experience of working in an Agile environment
· C# .Net development
· Using Unit test frameworks (NUnit / SpecFlow / MS Test / XUnit )
· Developing in MVC, Entity Framework, NHibernate and any other framework technologies
· RESTful API development
· Managing Messaging Queues (NServiceBus and any other message brokers)
· Developing in HTML5, CSS and JS
· Database development and maintenance (MS SQL)
· Complex software design and implementation
· Continuous Integration build tools and scripting (Jenkins or similar)
·Managing Source Control (Git, TFS or Mercurial)
This is a great opportunity to work for a progressive organisation who really invests in their employees. There is a fantastic benefits package on offer which I have full details for so if you're interested then please do get in touch for a confidential conversation.