Our client, are an excellent, established business in Kent, who have recently been acquired by a major group. They are currently seeking a Quality & Technical Supervisor.
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this Food Manufacturer has supplied into an impressive range of customers. Now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful outfit…
Reporting into the Technical Manager and leading a small team, key responsibilities will be as follows:
• The Technical Supervisor is responsible for monitoring quality systems as outlined within the quality manual including HACCP, raw materials through to finished product and bringing to the attention any food safety or quality issues to the relevant staff and Technical Manager.
• Ensuring that day to day checks are carried out, i.e. completion of record sheets and ensure they are kept up to date
• Reporting to Technical Manager areas of concern within the site, including the non-completion of records, GMP and any poor practices or any other issues which may arise
• Ensure that good housekeeping practices and hygiene practices and hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
• Ensure that calibrations are carried out on time as per schedules
• Record and take corrective actions re: non conformances
• Drawing up trends on a weekly / monthly
• Quality Checks on products
• Conduct Quality Control Checks on work in progress, chilled, finished products and despatch products. Quality checks will include temperature on-line inspections of products according to customer specifications – reporting any deviations
• Complete pre-start checks and quality and environmental checks
• Collect and complete Micro sampling and analysis paperwork
• Inspect Pre-production Cleaning Audits on all production and further processing areas.
• Participate in the training of the Safety Certificate training including HACCP and Hygiene Induction.
• Conduct general hygiene audits and PPE inspections
• Ensure good housekeeping practices throughout the plant
• Other ad hoc audits conducted as required
You will ideally have worked at Supervisory level or above within the Food Manufacturing sector. You will have excellent communication skills and you will be ready to split your time between the office and the factory shop floor. My client offers good career progression potential for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or call Matt Dillon on 0131 226 5060.