Our client is a successful food manufacturer with an exciting and innovative product range. The business is very dynamic, and they are experiencing excellent growth, supplying quality food products to major retailers UK wide.
In partnership we are seeking to appoint a Senior Quality Assurance Technologist to join their business in the Tyne and Wear area.
The position will maintain & develop an Allergen Management System, embed, and promote quality & food safety culture and development.
It will also assist in the management of the Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring that all relevant certifiable standards, policies, procedures, and customer requirements (e.g., Codes of Practice) are met in terms of quality, legality and food safety within all aspects of the business
• Day to day management of shift compliance auditors.
• Ensure the product manufacturing process from suppliers to customers is risk assessed to maintain product safety & allergen management.
• Champion Quality Culture & Allergen Management across the factory
• Advise Operations on key process controls to ensure the quality and safety of all products.
• Implement and maintain quantitative & qualitative tests/monitoring that will ensure the correct process controls to deliver consistent quality.
• Help to drive the businesses quality vision, mission, strategy, culture and values.
• Ensure compliance with the internal business quality standards, policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
• Assure and drive continual improvement in quality standards, allergen control & GMP.
• Participate in the investigation and resolution of customer related quality issues e.g. customer complaints.
• Use Root Cause Analysis to identify cause of failure and non-conformance (NC). Implement timely preventive action to remove the chance of recurrence.
• Maintain the QMS & AMS
• Assist in the certification/approval to ensure continued compliance to customer, industry, scheme and legal standards (e.g. TFMS; BRC; RSPO, Average Weight)
• Understanding and working knowledge of all customer’s Codes of Practice
A full job description will be provided on application
Knowledge of risk assessment as applied to all systems but particularly allergen management
Knowledge of internal auditing within all aspects of the QMS/AMS systems
Working knowledge of HACCP; TACCP & VACCP
Practitioner of Root Cause and Gap Analysis
Excellent Influencing and mentoring skills
Very good communication skills, both verbal & written
Capable of working outside normal hours, also alone or within a team environment
Microsoft Office competence
Ability to work on own initiative
What’s on offer?
This is a salaried position, offering a salary of between £28,000 – £32,000 d.o.e.
Working hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm, with flexibility needed to support the business needs.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not been contacted within the first 5 days your application has not been suitable.