Senior Purchasing Manager, South East England
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Senior Purchasing Manager
I’m currently working with a global supplier of ingredients and flavors solutions to the food, beverage and nutrition industries. They supply to major food manufacturers in Europe and worldwide and they have a fantastic reputation for quality and service.
As part of their continued success, they’re now looking for a Senior Purchasing Manager for their manufacturing site in Kent. This is a new a role and therefore offers the chance for an experienced and driven Purchasing Manager to make the role their own.
• To manage and direct the daily activities of the Purchasing Manager to drive cost effectiveness and efficiency.
• Working closely with the Technical and Commercial teams to find the most appropriate suppliers around the world.
• Negotiates with suppliers on raw material contracts and terms and conditions management.
• Managing supplier performance, identifying and assessing potential new suppliers as well as building long term supplier relationships
• Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers/key suppliers to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
• Working closely with the site GM and commercial directors to support key customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
• Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all supply chain development opportunities.
• Collating and analysing business data pertaining to all purchasing activities
• CIPS qualification would be an advantage
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Product and purchasing experience
• Significant experience of Purchasing Ingredients is essential
• Team management experience
• Excellent commercial awareness
• Manufacturing background would be an advantage
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and drive deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager to take on this new role and make a real difference. There is a competitive basic salary on offer, annual discretionary bonus, private health car, company pension and life assurance.
Keywords: Purchasing Manager, Buying Manager, Senior Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Purchasing Manager, Senior Buying Manager, Head of Purchasing