My client is a global leader for the food manufacturing sector, they are currently seeking a Senior Process Technologist.
The successful candidate will work as part of the product development team, driving innovation and delivering new and exciting products through collaboration with the wider business, in particular with technical, commercial and operation’s departments.
This opportunity will be well suited to someone who enjoys a hands-on approach to work and can demonstrate a passion for the clients industry.
You will have a natural aptitude for problem solving and a first-class ability for planning, organising and communicating. You’ll share their ambition and adaptability and be capable of making a difference through hard work and creative new thinking.
• Support the Process Development Manager in preparation for, and co-ordination of launches for new or modified products
• Arranging production trials and ensuring that processes can be repeated to ensure consistency and safety
• Coordinating follow up from production trials, product sampling and lessons learned
• Working with the Technical and Production teams to draw up product specifications and support the Finance team to ensure accurate translation into the company’s ERP system.
• Working with Production, Engineering and Technical colleagues to develop solutions to production issues
• Work with ingredient and packaging suppliers to establish or improve supplies for new or existing products.
• Responsibility for artwork approval for all products within your portfolio
• Regular contact with retailer technologist
• Occasional store visits and product evaluation
• Occasional travel to customers and/or suppliers
• Third-level qualification (diploma or degree) in Food Science / Chemistry / Microbiology or other relevant subject is essential
• Accredited Food Safety (REHIS or similar) qualification would be an advantage
• This role requires the role holder to work in accordance with the demands of the business including working weekends and night shift and other hours. Business travel is required on an ad-hoc basis to visit retailer sites and as such, flexibility around travel is required
• A thorough understanding of food processing and the business systems which ensure Food Safety for the consumer is essential
• A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for food, the seafood industry and market trends
• A pro-active, positive contributor – motivated and satisfied by working well with other people to discuss new ideas and influence new processes
• Ability to stay up-to-date with any changes in customer requirements and relate them to potential business impact
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organisation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to situations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to learn
• Proven experience in a similar role gained in food manufacturing, preferably with a major retail customer.
• Demonstrable track record of delivering a high standard of work to deadlines
What’s of offer?
Very competitive starting salary
Employee benefits package, including gym membership, retail discount vouchers, health & wellbeing support and more
Training/Development and potential progression opportunities.
A full job description and company brief will be provided on qualification.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest for the role.