A client of ours – one of the leading brands in the food manufacturing sector – has notified us of an exciting position for those within the New Product Development field. The client is looking for an experienced NPD candidate with circa two years as senior and two years as a tech to join the team in North Yorkshire. It’s desirable for the candidate to have experience in managing one person.
Main Purpose of the Job
• Holds responsibility for innovating and developing new products from concept to launch for the companies own brand and retailers.
• Provide a site-based product development resource on-site, supporting the development department with new product development, existing product development, value engineering projects alongside other business related projects.
• Work alongside the Technical Procurement, Marketing, Category, Account and Commercial managers
• Support the team with experience gained over years in the industry and support the NPD Manager whenever necessary.
• Continuously develop and introduce new and improved products to meet strategic objectives of the business and expectations of the customers
• Interpret retailer briefs ensuring innovative and technologically sound product designs are generated in line with customer expectations, operational constraints, and commercial needs of the business.
• Market research to investigate and identify customer needs, upcoming trends with aim to take advantage of potential business opportunities.
• Carry out a feasibility study with key stakeholders on new product briefs.
• Recipe development and reformulation to achieve a product that meets customer expectations and that is financially and technically feasible.
• In depth knowledge of thermal processing to aid with development and factory trials.
• Liaise with key stakeholders on customer visits for first production if required
• Support the kitchen to deliver customer or development samples
• Attend Purchase technical meetings and relay the NPD actions and updates to the rest of the team.
• Understand and work with purchasing and technical teams to review palm oil status in raw materials.
• Ensure equipment and stationery is replenished when needed
• Organise team job rota and managing workload
• Provide support and assistant to the rest of the team
• Mentor and carry out appraisal for direct report
• Deputise for NPD Manager as required
What the position offers
• Salary of circa £35,000
• Hybrid Working 1 or 2 days a week
• An exciting opportunity with a market leading food manufacturing
If you find yourself interested in the role, please contact David Cockburn at D R Newitt.