Are you an NPD Technologist with a few years experience looking for that next step in your career? Or perhaps you are a current Senior NPD Technologist looking for a new challenge?
I have an incredible opportunity with a leading food manufacturer based in Buckinghamshire
The Senior NPD Technologist assists the NPD Manager with responsibility for following the site PLP and customer milestone process, in creating and delivering new concept products to our customers.
Utilising their knowledge of food and processes, they will be responsible for project management, recipe creation, tasing panels, and client presentations to bring new exciting meat products to market each year.
• To oversee all NPD and EPD projects from Category review stage through to customer approval, ensuring objectives are delivered and a good working relationship is sustained with all parties.
• Manage all elements of the concept development PLP process.
• Supports writing the critical path with a clear understanding of the key dates to work to, flagging potential issues in advance.
• Manager supplier relationships and ensures are technically suitable for the site.
• Is responsible for all aspects of the recipe development and costings, working alongside the commercial and finance teams.
• Passionately present products to customers with a clear understanding of the product and process.
• Hands on approach to sample creation in a kitchen and factory environment.
• Keep abreast of all changes in the market and update accordingly on any new product launches both internally and externally.
• Manage sample requests ensuring they are met on time and approve quality where applicable.
• Input all required product information in written customer documentation ensuring this is executed accurately.
• Play an active role in external and internal visits, including any catering requirements to showcase our products.
• Support the Process Team with factory trials in order to ensure the product developed can be scaled up.
• Responsible for internal and customer benchmarking programme and support Technical with Quality Panels.
• Supports the site product quality culture initiatives.
• To demonstrate good housekeeping practices at all times.
• Any other task as reasonably requested by their line manager.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 18 months experience of working within a fast-paced kitchen environment developing recipes
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of a launch process both internally and externally.
• Confident in a kitchen environment with a passion for food.
• IT literate, able to work confidently with email, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations.
• Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence with own transport.