Do you want to be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing FMCG brands? Are you looking for a big challenge with huge potential for growth?
A leading category leading client with big ambitions, fast growing, pioneering and ethical business who take pride in sharing their delicious and healthy products with UK consumers are looking for a Senior Product Developer to join the team.
We are looking for a first-class Senior Product Developer who is passionate and ambitious, a self-starter with a love of all thing’s food and health. Ideal candidate will have a brilliant understanding of Product New Development and optimization of existing product portfolio, concept to launch Stage Gate process, QMS, Trends and innovation. A confident structured communicator with best-in-class stakeholder engagement and cross functional working.
This isn’t for the faint hearted – the pace is fast; the standards are high, and no day is the same. But if you are up for the challenge this could be the role that step changes your career.
• Own and manage Branded NPD, EPD and Optimization within Stage Gate process.
• Work Cross-functionally with internal & external stakeholders for BIC Product development
• Drive NPD, EPD and OPT agenda and C.I.P
• Represent product team at external customer meetings.
• Manage, document and measure QMS systems to drive BIC Quality
• Work closely supporting the Head of Product, Senior Technical and Senior Project planner to drive strategic growth pillars.
• Build and maintain close relationships with all stakeholders, including co-packing partners and key external customers.
• Management and maintenance and CIP of the NPD processes and systems
• Understanding of packaging and sustainability.
• FY23 priorities: Driving BIC product Quality and innovation, Working to Stage Gate process, Nurturing BIC Supplier partnerships, working cross functionally with senior Technical Manager Shelf-life extension, building strong QMS
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
• Strong experience (5+ years) leading concept to launch New Product Development with professional qualifications.
• Previous Dairy and/or Plant based product development experience a must.
• Self-starter and autonomous with excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Confident leading meetings with senior management, manufacturers and external customers
• Proven track record of strategic planning and stakeholder engagement
“What you will need to succeed”
• Thrives under pressure in fast paced environments
• Self-starter, high energy, gutsy
• Delivers results: Can translate vision and strategy into viable and instigates action that achieves results
• Displays drive and purpose: Demonstrates focus, energy, and persistence to achieve objectives despite obstacles
• Sets the pace: Senses and exploits growth and improvement opportunities and exhibits a sense of urgency and personal ownership
• Makes smart decisions: Uses intuition, rational thinking, and sound judgement in analyzing and resolving issues.
• Create team synergy: Works collaboratively across boundaries to achieve common goals
• Winning relationships: strengthens networks and partnerships, and translates insight into business success
Team structure and location
• Full-time position
• Reports into: Head of Product
• Office-days: the Product team is in the London office 3-4 days per week.
• Travel: regular travel to copackers/customers in the UK