Senior New Product Dev, East Midlands
Sector: New Product Development
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate, and friendly Senior NPD Technologist who will be working in partnership with one of our Ingredient clients, In East Midlands.
If you have a love for food, ingredients, seasonings, and flavourings then apply here!
The successful candidate will join the NPD team as a Senior Product Developer.
You will develop & provide innovative product solutions to retailer customers for our client, ensuring products meet technical and safety standards. To provide best in class NPD, which meets market trends and pushes the boundaries in terms of innovation.
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WHO ….
• Relevant University degree in Food Technology
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant development role
• Experience in matching and developing seasonings
• Must have experience developing bespoke products with major retailers.
• Active Interest in food, culinary trends, and food development
• Creative and innovative
• Problem solving
• Attention to detail and highly organised
• Excellent communication skills
• Developing new product solutions for customers, utilising the core strengths of the product portfolio. Wet and Dry ambient products.
• To deliver the new product development strategy agreed by the commercial team, developing products/ranges as defined.
• Ownership and management of all aspects of NPD for key Development accounts, building strong relationships and establishing excellence for NPD.
• Regular product presentations to key accounts, ensuring that the products fit with the customers brand standards and safety and stability models, whilst providing all supporting documentation with regards to ingredients, competitor products, supporting technical documentation and pack copy recipes.
• Identifying and managing cost saving initiatives via recipe engineering, process, and alternative product sourcing (PMR) ensuring appropriate support by relevant teams.
• Working alongside the Technical team to generate complete Quality attribute sheets for the retailers before product launch.
• Working with the procurement team sourcing new raw materials in line with preferred supplier & purchasing strategy
• Lead on product quality standards setting benchmarks to ensure we are best in class
• AND MORE
What is on offer?
• Attractive holiday package
• Salary for 30-40K depending on experience
• Flexibility to work from home