Senior Logistics Manager, Central Scotland
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: Central Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, are a large food business with an excellent reputation throughout Scotland. A new vacancy has been created for Senior Logistics Manager to take charge of the Transport function, based in Glasgow.
Please note that you must hold a CPC Managers licence to be considered.
This role will suit a professional and highly experienced candidate with experience in the food industry. Please note that this role will involve 6am starts and some weekend work.
• To manage and develop a large team (circa 50) Drivers and direct them to ensure OTIF deliveries
• To plan routes effectively on a daily basis and instruct drivers accordingly
• Ensure that all Drivers and Vehicles are following all relevant legislation – including drivers hours and compliance
• First point of contact for customer delivery issues – attending in person where required
• A confident and experienced Transport or Logistics Manager – ideally from the food industry
• An experienced Route Planner – proficient with relevant IT systems
• A capable Manager – capable of driving team performance with a positive approach
• Excellent communication skills – capable of adapting to all levels of an organisation
What’s on offer?
•A competitive salary and bonus package
•The opportunity to join an excellent, expanding company
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply with your CV today. If you have any questions please contact Martin Bryce at DR Newitt urgently.