Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer - Network, East England
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Networking - Cisco (LAN, Wifi, WAN, Firewalls, ASA)
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a “hands on” role within an exciting and ever changing environment.
You will be working in a partnership with local site IT Teams:
- Advising them how to use new IT solutions in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
- Improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems and IT infrastructures and enabling major business processes through enhancements of IT.
- Provide guidance during selection and procurement as well as providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback.
- Management oversight of the complete Network environment
- 3rd line support for all Network related topics
- Drive progression and adoption of solutions
- Participate in IT security topics
Size of environment
- 2000 desktop users
- 24/7 operation
Essential Skills - Technologies
- Cisco LAN Management (Cisco catalyst 2960/3850/9200/9300)
- Cisco Wireless Management (Cisco 5520)
- Cisco Firewalls (ASA 5515/5516/5520/5525)
- Cisco Firepower (IPS/AMP/URL)
- Day to day BAU support to production facilities
- IT security
- Ability to document solutions, providing admin and end user documentation/procedures
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Diagnose, analyze and resolve software and hardware issues related to core Cisco infrastructure.
- Experience of Liaising with other IT teams, Architects and Project Managers.
- Being able to apply hardware and operating system configurations to meet design specifications is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have experience of providing recommendations to improve existing operational processes and procedures.
- WAN Optimisation
- WAN technologies using dynamic protocols
- Exchange, Skype
- Azure AD
- ISO 27001
- CCNA Wireless
- CCNA Security
Reporting directly into the Head of Infrastructure you'll also be heavily involved in a number of current and pipeline projects.
This is an initial 12 month FTC and thus comes with all the benefits of a permanent package.