It is with great pleasure I am able to present the following opportunity for a hygiiene manager with one of D R Newitt's best clients. Paying £50k – £55k this is an excellent opportunity for an established professional within Food Hygiene to take the next step in their career!
Overview of the role:
This role is part of the Senior Leadership Team. You not only will have full autonomy of the day to day
operation, but you will certainly be expected to drive short & long-term strategy for the department.
You must have experience of working within the food manufacturing sector. You must have experience
of managing and leading High Care BRC AA grade factory standard hygiene department and able to a
manage a team of 50+ working 24/7 across different shifts.
You must be COSHH trained and certified and an active team member of the HACCP . you also must have
Good BRC audit knowledge of Hygiene function and requirements.
• Driving and implementing significant change and improvement in cleaning efficiency and
• Responsible for the Hygiene management team to deliver hygiene sustainability through
effective coaching of the team.
• Coordinating the hygiene strategy across the site and design short term and long-term planning.
• Hosting customer visits and vendor liaison.
• Enhancing the health and safety culture across the site
• Management and achievement of KPI’s across the site Lead and initiate robust investigations in
respect of microbiological improvement, good knowledge of chemicals to combat Listeria and
• Listeria Management and knowledge of how to battle listeria outbreaks
• Oversee the completion of pest prevention actions to the required standards
• Accountability for staff Training, Development and Wellbeing in the Hygiene department
• Employing effective root cause analysis to drive SMART actions, leading to improved results
• Communication of Hygiene Performance and Plans with other supporting functions eg.
Engineering – in order to achieve best performance and outcomes.
• Managing the labour and cleaning/chemicals budget as well as forecasting future.
• Site lead for cleaning standards.
• Manage the provision of hygiene chemicals and dosing equipment on site. To include regular
Please get in touch with Matt from D R Newitt for more information – 0131 226 5060 / email@example.com