Senior Development Technologist, Yorkshire
Sector: New Product Development
Job type: Permanent
Here’s a brilliant new opportunity to join a rapidly growing chilled foods business as a Senior Development Technologist.
It will see you working across multiple departments, guiding the NPD team where appropriate and working confidently under own initiative, whilst reporting to Head of NPD & Innovation.
You’ll be responsible for total account NPD and EPD from initial concept to final production responding to customer requirements or development briefs.
• Recipe development
• Sourcing of new raw materials in conjunction with the purchasing and technical teams to ensure viability.
• Generation of initial product development costings
• Attend internal feasibility and screening meetings.
• Customer presentations including sample and document preparation.
• Organise and manage factory trials to obtain processing and shelf-life data.
• Carry out pre-launch factory briefings and co-ordinate first production.
• Carry out post launch reviews.
• BLUE SKY product development
You will also manage a controlled, comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date record of recipe development in conjunction with commercial teams, generate and manage critical paths as required, ensuring that all key stages of the development process are completed within timescales.
As a true foodie keeping up to date with emerging food trends, new ingredients, developments within the food industry will be second nature.
If this brilliant opportunity sounds like a good next step, I’d love to hear from you! Please send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0131 226 5060.