Senior Buying Manager – Fashion
High Street Retailer & E-Commerce
A popular British fashion retailer with stores nationwide and a strong E-commerce presence. Predominantly dealing with women’s fashion and accessories. They manufacture as well as source from suppliers, they also provide their products across the globe.
As an additional head to the business this brand-new position is to bring the buying in into unison. With one direct report you will be making sure that that the team work collaboratively so all their stores are selling the correct items at the correct time. You will also be;
• Manage the full development & delivery process including supplier management, tendering, negotiation of prices and contract implementation
• Keep up to date with fashion trends, attend trade shows, visit suppliers and competitors
• Planning, sourcing & buying of merchandise. Source new suppliers both in the UK and overseas
• Ensure ranges are selected within timescale
• Training & development of the team to achieve unified goals
To be considered for this position you will need to have a background in retail/fashion as well as senior level buying and people management. You will also need;
• Previous experience working with merchandising & designing teams (capture best trends)
• Excellent analytical and presenting skills – you will be required to present to the board
• Understanding of and strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to manage large budget spend (+£30 million) and to manage short and long timelines
• Able to travel to store and suppliers (some overseas travel required)
If successful, this role comes with a generous package which depends upon your experience. This is an opportunity to lead, develop and celebrate an exceptional team and set future trends.
Please contact me ASAP for a confidential discussion, thanks!