£40,000 + Significant annual bonus
Mon-Fri // Remote working
About the Role
Large food business. As a Buyer you will develop, implement, and review a category plan that leverages the company’s scale and efficiency with suppliers to reduce cost of goods, op-timise terms and improve profitability, whilst maintaining security of supply.
· Identification of appropriate suppliers and vendors. Verify suitability and accreditation.
· Accountability of negotiation of supply arrangements, delivering best value for total cost and reliability.
· Selecting supplied materials to satisfy requirements sand technical specifications.
· Seeking ideas to improve cost, quality, and market advantage.
· Organising transport for delivery and maintaining records of agreements, contracts, and pric-ing.
· Graduate (preferred), or working towards a recognised purchasing, supply chain or business qualification.
· At least 2 years’ experience in a purchasing role, preferably in an FMCG industry.
· Skilled negotiator, track record of cost savings.
· Proactively seeks opportunities to improve efficiency in planning and organising.
· Organisational skills, manages workload effectively.