Senior BI Developer, South East England
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
Senior BI Developer - ETL, Data Warehousing, Cognos, SQL
Senior BI Developer required to join a manufacturing organisation based just outside of Wembley who are undergoing an exciting period of growth. You will be joining the business as a senior member of the IT team and be responsible for developing and maintaining data and reporting solutions to facilitate business decision making.
This is a brand new position within the team and you will be the sole developer within business intelligence. This is an exciting opportunity to bring the business intelligence function in house and in time build a team based on your requirements.
- Design and build Data Warehouse / Data Marts and associated ETL processes
- Develop front-end reporting and provide expertise and training in analysis of data set
- Foster accurate, reliable and performant business intelligence solutions to support the business’ reporting and analysis needs.
- Work closely with Business end client to provide guidance and expertise on Business Intelligence
- Provide support and assistance where appropriate to ensure that data warehouse / data marts are tuned for optimal performance, scheduled tasks are executed - correctly and that data integrity is maintained.
- BI Development, BI Engineering, and Database Engineering
- Strong skills with Cognos Analytics and IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Experience in Agile SDLC environments
- Advanced knowledge of SQL queries and relational databases + cubes in an ETL context is essential, ideally covering multiple products e.g. PostgreSQL, SQL - Server and Oracle.
- Strong communication skills and able to translate technical/non-technical
- Must be approachable, professional and comfortable working with end Business users
- Some Financial Services experience would be an advantage (TM1)
If you're interested in the role and would like to find out more, please contact Max Lynn at our Manchester office.