I am working with one of Scotland’s best known and well-loved bakery businesses as they search for their next Sales & Operations Manager. Covering the Glasgow and surrounding area, this position will give responsibility for a large number, of stores and staff as well as the strategic plans for the company.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a critical and highly visible role within a progressive and forward-thinking business. You will have autonomy and responsibility to run the operation as you see fit.
You must have experience working in the food industry as well as a multi-site retail operation.
• Work closely with Store Manager’s to maximise sales.
• Manage stock and inventory control – to ensure maximum product sell-through.
• Through close and regular contact with NPD/Technical Teams ensure new products and promotions are well-received at store-level.
• Management of the “food service” side of the business – building of strong rapport and relationships at all levels.
• Identification and development of new customers.
• Training of personnel, support of personnel, production of sales aids, implementation of promotions, internet sales and any other appropriate methods.
• Build relationships with customer in all sectors to increase their loyalty to the business
• An experienced Manager with experience from a food/retail operation.
•A commercially minded and dynamic individual with the ability to spot opportunities for new business.
• A professional excellent communicator, you will be expected to build relationships across a large organisation.
• IT systems skills (intermediate)
• High level attention to detail – systematic and methodical approach.
• Experience of managing wage budgets.
What’s on offer?
• A very competitive salary and benefits package – including car allowance.
• The opportunity to take on a critical role within a growing company.
• A fully autonomous position that can offer genuine career prospects.
If you would like to be considered for the excellent career opportunity, then please apply today. If you need more information, then please contact martin bryce at D R Newitt recruitment in Edinburgh.