Office based – Birmingham
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
To support and develop sales in the UK as part of an established team.
Acting as the primary point of contact for customer enquiries, sales order processing, distribution issues and account management. The role will involve selling to an existing client base plus helping grow new customer accounts, providing them with market leading brands across our food products.
The role is based at a Birmingham site, however from time to time visiting customers in person with a member of the sales team will be required.
Experience within the Food/ FMCG sector would be desirable but not essential, as the appropriate skill set and administrative abilities are more relevant. The right candidate may be looking to transfer their skills into a vibrant sales department or be bringing existing knowledge and experience with them from a similar role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processing, confirming and coordinating customer orders
• Maintaining accurate price lists on our ERP system and produce and distribute regular customer price lists
• Liaising with buyers, supply chain departments and logistics providers to ensure customer requirements are met on time in full
• Dealing with existing and new customer both by telephone and email providing full account management.
• Monitoring departmental debtors and, where necessary, chasing overdue debt
• Analysing sales and stock holding data to produce reports for internal use
• Updating customer records and online databases
• Working effectively with all other internal departments and relevant external partners as required to ensure departmental KPI’s are met
• Identifying and implementing improvements and efficiencies to existing processes
• Attend Sales Meetings
• High calibre with strong literacy and numeracy grades
• An interest in food and the food industry
• Would suit a recent graduate
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Excellent communicator in person, in writing and over the phone
• Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as autonomously
• Highly organised with a proactive and flexible approach to work
• Effective time management skills, able to multi task and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
• Good attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work under pressure
• High level of IT literacy with in-depth working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to understand and meet customer requirements