Job type: Permanent
East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary - Negotiable
A fantastic premium food manufacturer based are currently seeking a Technical Manager to join their team.
• Full responsibility for the technical function, this includes food safety supported by the Technical and QA teams.
• Ensure the company is operating in compliance to the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and our customers’ Technical standard at all times, through daily management controls and internal audit over the four properties.
• Ensure that the clear objectives should be defined, discussing with members of the Operation meeting, to maintain and improve the Safety, Legality and Quality of products manufactured, in accordance with the Quality Policy and BRC standard and those objectives shall be clearly communicated to relevant Staff, monitored and results reported at least quarterly to the Operation meeting.
• Responsible for the management and update of all company technical and quality manuals and the introduction of new policies and procedures to the Quality Management System as required to meet BRC Standard and our customer’s technical standard.
• Management of the company HACCP system including annual review and following the introduction of new product concepts as required, discussing with HACCP meeting leader.
• Oversee the internal audit schedule ensuring corrective actions are implemented and recorded in details
• Ensure that suppliers and raw material approval should be implemented and their performance should be monitored in accordance with BRC Standard and our customers’ technical standard, discussing it with Commercial department (Purchase & Warehouse department)
• Ensure full understanding of the traceability system and updating the traceability system in accordance with BRC Standard and our customer’s technical standard
• Ensure the completion of remedial works or maintenance works where there are any area on site or any equipment which are not complying with BRC standard and our customer’s technical standard
• Ensure the specifications for raw materials and packaging should be adequate and the compliance with relevant Safety and Legislative requirements and also the recipes and quality criteria as detailed in agreed customer specifications.
• Previous staff management experience – vital for this role.
• Strong communicator when dealing with Customer’s Technical manager of technical issues and any auditors
• Sound BRC global standard for food safety knowledge
• Report writing, clear and concise presentation of information
• Computer skills, comfortable with computer packages and databases
• Hard working and enthusiastic
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Richard Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0161 833 0181