Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious production shift leader/supervisor looking to join a company that takes pride in developing and offering progression to their staff.
Working within the operations department duties will include developing an effective team which operates to specified procedures and standards. You are expected to ensure the safe use and operation of all facilities and equipment by your staff and continually analyse and improve working methods by way of regular auditing and re-training.
• Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards, using available engineering and SHE resource where required.
• Ensure all safe systems of work, risk assessments and safe working practices are followed and weekly reviews conducted.
• Hands on approach working with the team.
• Run plant from operating system.
• Apply lean manufacturing principals.
• Ensure the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
• Ensure the correct use of protective clothing and any other safety equipment.
• Responsible for effective hand over and communication between shifts.
• Monitoring and planning holiday leave and overtime cover to ensure the efficient and cost effective running of the plant.
• Identifying training needs and organising accordingly with as little disruption to daily operations as possible; recording and maintaining accurate records of all training.
• Maintaining and continually improving agreed standards of quality and ensuring the implementation of quality assurance procedures.
• Ensures the accurate recording and reporting of KPI and OEE data on a daily basis.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Carry out any reasonable request as requested by any member of management within the reasonable scope of the role.
Candidates must have the following experience
• Previous supervisory experience within a food production environment
• Awareness of continuous improvement tools and methodology
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in applying for or finding out further information please get in touch