Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, North East England
Location: North East England
Job type: Permanent
My client is a leading manufacturing business with their sector and they are looking to expand the engineering division. If you are a multi skilled engineer who is looking to develop his career please have a look at the role in more detail below. This role will be working on a shift pattern
• Deliver proactive response to maintenance, reliability improvements and equipment breakdowns on site ensuring continuity of production as a priority
• Deliver enhanced plant improvements through innovative ideas and modifications.
• Carry out maintenance activities, ensuring that the manufacturing team achieve 100% compliance to the production plan, by minimising engineering downtime. Moving the engineering maintenance strategy from a breakdown philosophy.
• To heavily support and coach the effective development of fellow Engineers, Operators and Supervisors in their up-skilling on their lines.
• To step change the performance and efficiency of the existing plant through continuous improvement, first time fixes and good root cause analysis.
• Formal Engineering qualification – HND Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Time served indentured apprenticeship Minimum work base Level 3 (NVQ or equivalent).
• Awareness of engineering best practices and improvement processes.
• 5Years plus experience in the FMCG industry in a similar role.
• A good knowledge of Production line/ machines Process flow technology
• Advanced skills in PLC, HMI Scada controlled systems
• Strong electrical fault finding