Job type: Permanent
My client is looking for a new Engineering manager to come on board and look after multiple sites. You will have responsibility for leading capital projects, action plans and improvement activities within processing initially, working with the General Managers, facilitating and delivering plans through cross-functional teams. Manages and leads key projects across the business as required to supporting strategic priorities. A business critical role to develop, drive and achieve Engineering and Operational Excellence.
• Understands the criticality of plant/equipment and resources to maintain compliance and business performance, prioritising and managing engineering activities to meet expectation. Effectively manage the business CMMS system and optimise its use to give the best business benefits/decision making. Utilise the system to support CI activities.
• Plan, recruit, manage, train, coach and develop staff to deliver agreed plant availability and compliance at optimum cost. Coach and mentor the Engineering Supervisors, Senior Co-ordinators, Administrator/Planner and Engineers, defining training & work standards and SOPs. Produce a skills matrix and training needs plan for the teams, delivering a progressive implementation plan to align to department objectives and wider functional development. Develop the department structure YOY to support business growth and service needs identified through strategic planning.
• Maintain accurate asset and maintenance records to establish cost of ownership, to facilitate proactive maintenance and better procurement. Recommend and utilise effective planned and predictive maintenance techniques to maximise plant/equipment reliability and condition. Maximise asset lifecycle.
• Initiate, participate in, and co-ordinate internal and external cross- functional project teams to identify and adopt best practice to deliver agreed objectives. Encouraging local ownership, including provision of training. Facilitate meetings, workshops, audits and events to get the best from team engagement, contribution and engagement.
• A professional leader and manager with a proven track record in driving Engineering Excellence and service provision to a variety of stakeholders and sites. Demonstrates good leadership behaviours and supports positive cultural change. Leads by example with high levels of pride, passion and integrity.
• Has extensive knowledge of H&S, compliance and environmental requirements. In addition, has excellent experience of project, contract and facilities management.
• Manages and develops both maintenance and project budgets, maintaining tight cost control and has experience of managing multiple improvement projects in conjunction with the relevant functional divisions.
• Is people, plant and process focused, utilising smart KPI’s/objectives, and strives for continual improvement in all forms. Challenges the norm and promotes / recommends change.
• Has excellent communication and influencing skills, and good at managing a large and diverse stakeholder relationship group.
Please apply for more details