Repro/ Originations Operator, East Anglia
Sector: IT & Digital
Location: East Anglia
Job type: Permanent
A multinational 2 billion pound business is looking for a Repro Originations Operator to join their dynamic team in Peterborough. The objective of the role is to produce high quality files for both internal and external customers.
You will benefit from a competitive basic salary, company benefits, extensive training and development opportunities and lots of progression either vertically or horizontally within the business. You will work with blue-chip brands and household names and will play an integral part in the delivery of global projects.
• To take customer supplied design or artwork files and process to production ready files for plate production including Reprographic artwork manipulation in appropriate software programmes, colour management and stepping files
• To complete all quality checks in accordance with customer specifications and site best practice procedures and ensure all departmental procedures are followed
• Proofing of artworks for customer approvals
• Control of internal records (Document Control) and to complete all relevant documentation in accordance with ISO9001, PS9000, ISO14001, BRC and in line with customer specifications, company procedure and best practice
• Maximise efficiency of artwork process and support profitable growth of customer accounts
• Working closely with all internal departments
• Interact with customers as required
• To abide by data protection regulations
• To attend meetings including customer visits where appropriate
• Lead & participate in improvement projects
• To ensure the work areas within the Origination Department remain tidy and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
• To be a willing and flexible team member ready to take on new and expanding tasks as appropriate
• Relevant experience in a similar role using Esko software and familiar with artwork manipulation techniques ideally within the Print & Packaging Industry
• Understands the principles of ISO9001, PS9000, ISO14001, BRC and related procedures
• Understand the principles of colour reproduction and evaluation of design/artwork instructions
If this sounds like you I’d be interested in seeing your application!
Keywords: Packaging, plate/ pre press coordinator/ reprographics operator/ repro/ brand Artworker/ pre-production operator/ pre production/ pre-press/ creative packaging Artworker/ plate technician/ art pro operator/ plate maker/ mac Artworker/ ESKO