Sector: Chemical Manufacturing
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a subsidiary of a c£9bn turnover global speciality chemical company with a strong established position in the market.
They manufacture a range of advanced materials, additives and speciality chemicals and fibres that are found in everyday products used throughout the world.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and driven Reliability Engineer for their site based in Newport. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will support both the client and their third-party operations and will work closely with the maintenance and production teams.
• Principal areas of Loss Elimination, Risk Management and Life Cycle Asset Management
• Track production losses and high maintenance cost assets, and develop strategies to reduce those losses or higher costs
• Work as an integral part of the plant improvement teams
• Manage risk to help achieve the sites strategic objectives in the areas of H&S, asset capability, quality and production
• Ensure reliability is factored into the design, installation and modification of assets
• Work alongside maintenance engineers in implementing effective PM and spares strategies
• Ensure the effective use of a variety of tools including.
- FMEA (Failure Mode Analysis)
- Reliability Hazard Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Testability Analysis
- Preventative/Planned Maintenance Optimisation
The Ideal Candidate
• Ideally a HNC/Degree in Mechanical or Electrical discipline
• Proven experience working within a similar process manufacturing environment
• Experience in a reliability function but not essential (Maintenance experience a must)
• Be committed to develop the necessary skills required if necessary
• Be an advocate and have a positive attitude toward personal and process safety
• Ideally experience working with SAP or a similar CMMS
This is a forward-thinking role within a global business with real long term career opportunities, if this role is for you please apply below or contact Stuart Tomkinson directly.