My client who are a leading Food Manufacturer in Nottinghamshire are looking for a motivated and diligent Raw Material Technologist to join their team. This role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK most successful food manufacturers.
The Role – (including but not limited too)
• Responsible for raw material specifications (ingredients, packaging & consumables) and their review as required, reviewing against customer codes of practice & ensuring fit for purpose & challenged accordingly.
• Update specifications templates (software based or MS office based)
• Obtain product specific approval documentation from existing and potential new suppliers, formal accreditations (e.g., BRC and other certification schemes), SAQs and HACCP documentation.
• Assist Senior Raw Material Technologist in maintaining supplier documentation to ensure due diligence & audit readiness in line with legislation & specific customer codes of practice or sourcing requirements.
• Assessment of new raw materials; liaising with NPD & Procurement to provide positive feedback & challenge & provide alternative options.
• Supporting profit improvement plans regarding raw material supply, working with Purchasing and site technical/ NPD to ensure changes are made in a timely manner.
The Candidate –
• HACCP Level 2
• Computer literate – Confident using IT packages especially Microsoft Office
• Authenticate/ Food Connected training (Desirable)
• Recipe Professor Training (Desirable)
• Allergen Training (Desirable)
• Understanding of VACCP (Desirable)
• Technical experience within food manufacturing.
• Knowledge of QMS and food safety systems.
• Experience of raw material specifications & associated quality standards
What’s on offer –
• Competitive Salary up to £29,000
• Mon – Fri business hours