A fantastic, Global client based in the UK, with award winning brands in the food manufacturing industry has an opportunity for a R & D Project Manager Flavour & Seasoning Application
Want to help them bring happiness to the world? Want to join an ambitious and fast-growing global business investing heavily in iconic global brands, infrastructure, and people? Then this is the place for you.
As proud custodians of iconic global brands, they don’t compromise on the quality of ingredients in their products or on the people they hire. They are looking for entrepreneurial spirits who share their passion for bringing happiness to consumers and who embody their Winning Traits.
To succeed you need to be purpose-led, resilient and positive to succeed because they expect pace and agility, they insist on collaboration and demand accountability. If that is your thing, then our client offers global ambition, a clear Vision and roadmap for success, challenge, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and make an impact.
You will be responsible for developing and utilising seasonings and flavours to enable competitive advantaged pipeline and tools.
Reporting to the Innovation and Flavour Director, it’s important to lead the execution of strategic workstreams end-to-end in close collaboration with internal and external cross-functional partners.
• Develop winning flavour and seasoning solutions for savoury and sweet products across multiple regions using a consumer-focused approach to drive sales, grow brand equity while remaining cost effective.
• Lead whole flavour solution design for global projects, delivering advantaged solutions in time while meeting COGS target, nutritional and regulatory requirements.
• Convert consumer insights and culinary trends into clear flavour briefings. Be the liaison with strategic suppliers, lead sample evaluation with product designers, consumer insights and marketing counterparts.
• Manage a robust yet sustainable win-win relationship with all strategic suppliers
• Build analytical tools to model and predict flavour performance in formulations and processes.
• Be the subject matter expert in flavour and seasoning application; keeping teams up to date on latest technologies and advances
• Oversee the management of a global flavour library
• Strategic best practices for complexity reduction and cost management
• And more !!
• Strong experience in related field, preferably having worked for ingredient supplier and food manufacture with cross-category experience in flavour application and/or product development.
• Relevant qualifications in a scientific/food related area
• Ability to discriminate and articulate aroma and flavour notes, using both technical and consumer friendly language
• Strategic mindset with the ability to demonstrate business acumen and experience partnering across key functional areas both internally and externally
• Ability to collaborate and communicate across various stakeholder groups; influence decisions and persuade groups on direction
• Creative, innovative individual
• Self-motivated, independent individual
• Project management skills
• Travel is required for this role (up to 20%)
• Open minded
• Able to see things from a different perspective
• Takes ownership
• Able to deal with ambiguity
• Consumer centric
• Strategic mindset
• Relationship oriented
• Health care
• Extended holiday allowance
• And more