My client is the global leader in salmon farming, processing and marketing. We have an exciting role opportunity for a Quality Technician to join their well-established and dynamic team.
If you are a highly motivated individual interested in joining a business in a Quality Assurance and Food Safety Team and would be able to add value to their fish feed business site we would like to hear from you.
This role favours someone who will thrive in a dynamic work environment, enjoys working with testing and analysis, and loves seeking out continuous improvement.
The role holder will have the primary responsibility for onsite testing and analysis and will become the site expert on testing, methodologies, LIMS, NIR and analysis at external labs. The successful candidate will provide support to the Operations Department on raw material & feed analysis, as well as being the QA lead for QA Hold inspection.
To be considered, we are looking for you to have:
• Higher degree level education, ideally within a science-based area. Consideration will be given to those who can demonstrate transferable competencies, skills and experience achieved through a different route, for example, experience in a similar role
• A systematic worker, with strong attention to detail and fact-based decision-making
• Team worker with developed influencing skills and confidence in leading in an area of expertise
• Excellent communication skills are essential, which require fluency in English, both written and spoken
• A self-starting individual, with the ability to work at all levels within a company and within a given timeline
• Strong ability to multi-task in an organised and tidy manner
• Experienced & confident IT user, including proficiency with MS Office and bespoke IT systems
• The post holder also will be required to demonstrate:
o a proactive and flexible approach to the role, and a commitment to continuous improvement,
o an ability to handle unexpected challenges,
o an ability to work independently and/or as part of a team,
o the right attitude and mindset supporting our vision and values,
o an entrepreneurial spirit to further improve working methods and tools.
• Previous experience in feed or food manufacturing, or a related business is preferred, and laboratory experience would also be an advantage.
What’s of offer?
• A competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension plan.
• A great place to work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do.
• An Informal and diverse working environment with international contact.
• Challenging work tasks and continuous development.
• Excellent career opportunities, both locally and internationally, within the company
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up-to-date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, if you have not been contacted within the first 5 days your application has not been suitable.