Are you passionate about ensuring the highest quality standards in food/drink manufacturing? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment where your expertise can make a significant impact? Our client, a well-established food and drinks manufacturer, is looking for a dedicated and experienced Quality Manager to join their team and uphold their reputation for quality and safety.
As a Quality Manager, you'll oversee product and packaging quality, ensuring adherence to internal, HACCP, food safety, legal, and wider business requirements. You'll manage the in-house lab, lead a team of Quality Assurance Technicians, and drive a positive food safety culture.
• Collaborate closely with Operations for smooth factory operations and quick resolution of non-conformances
• Manage quality standards and serve as HACCP deputy team leader
• Develop and maintain internal technical KPI reports
• Lead day-to-day quality operations to uphold FSSC 22000 standards
• Coordinate product testing schedules for compliance
• Manage calibration and maintenance programs for lab equipment
• Lead product control and positive release system
• Mentor and develop a small team of Quality Assurance Technicians
• Champion quality across the site
• Monitor and manage customer complaints
• Lead the Internal Audit team and collaborate with stakeholders
• Based in, or willing to relocate to, North Yorkshire
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or qualified by experience
• 3+ years of quality management in food manufacturing
• Certified in HACCP, Food Safety, recognized auditing
• Proficiency in GFSI Standards, lab management
• Training and development experience
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Excel
• Experience with microbiology and taste panels
With a competitive salary of c£40,000 + benefits, the option to work from home 1 day per week and flexible working hours on offer, this could be a great next step in your career.
If your experience does not tick every box, do not be put off applying – I still want to hear from you.
Please get in touch with Peter at D R Newitt Recruitment for more information on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 226 5060 for a confidential discussion about the role.