Our client is a highly successful and reputable food processing group, that produces a range of quality products supplied nationally.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Professional with Passion, Potential and Ambition to take up this role in a growing team.
• Ensure all customer, company and legislative specification and quality requirements are met
• Ensure all products used in the factory are approved to the relevant standards
• Work with colleagues to identify and effectively manage food safety risks
• Assess the quality of products and factory processes in order to maintain the quality of products for the customer and to safeguard the reputation of the employers brand.
• Maintain professional status and accreditation of IFST or similar bodies through appropriate CPD
• Monitor and report on the site Quality KPIs
• Process the customer complaints and support the complaints reduction programme
• Support Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) programme
• Control the collation, reporting and corrective actions of held stock
• Deliver and support the delivery of Quality, Food Safety, Hygiene, Environment and Pest Control training to all levels of factory personnel
• Deal with specification and non-conforming materials issues as well as isolations, corrective actions, root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures
• Support the management of regulatory contact involving knowledge of food and trading standards legislation – completing external accreditation requirements including BRC, EHO trading standards
• Maximise team performance, efficiency and service levels and drive employee engagement
• Develop enhanced and future fit employee skillset and flexibility
• Support trainee development to ensure the ‘next generation’ workforce
• Degree qualified in a science/food science or quality-related discipline supported by a minimum of 5 years of quality management experience in a food/drink or similar process environment with a proven record of achievement.
• Familiar with current food safety and quality system standards.
• Qualified in Quality Assurance Management or equivalent.
• Experience in managing quality within a 24/7, continuous high-speed
• manufacturing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to enable good communication across all levels and
• Good organisational skills and responsiveness to urgent customer needs; may be required to travel to customer applications or suppliers at short notice.
What’s on offer?
Commensurate salary – £30,000 – £35,000
Discounted or free food
Monday to Friday – office hours
A full job description and company brief will be provided on qualification.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up-to-date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest to the role.