Quality & Hygiene Manager, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now is an excellent time to join this progressive company. It is also important to stress that this business has been very resilient to the COVID climate and the popularity of their products has shown no sign of diminishing...
Lead & Manage the site QA and Hygiene functions effectively and efficiently to ensure that product and procedures satisfy all legal and Company policy requirements and Customer codes of practice.
• Coordinate the activities of the Quality & hygiene teams, necessary to maintain and improve factory standards, including any external contractors
• Deputise for the Cluster Technical Manager in their absence.
• Lead the HACCP team on site, maintaining a live HACCP document that is subject to annual review as a minimum. Ensuring all CCP’s are monitored and recorded at appropriate frequencies. Ensure review and verification where required.
• To ensure all factory paperwork is kept up to date and issued in a timely manner. This includes, but not exclusive of recipes, packing specifications, monitoring records, Quality Standards and other specifications
• To regularly audit and provide leadership to the site to ensure the integrity of the site standards in line with BRC and customer codes of practice
• To be responsible for pest control on site and for managing the activities of the Pest Control contractor
• To maintain quality records in order to demonstrate “due diligence” and the correct operation of the quality management system
• Collection of documentation and trending of metal rejects during production. Root cause analysis of the same.
• To develop and maintain effective Work Instructions and Cleaning Schedules for manufacturing and general areas
• Develop specific procedures for changeovers, deep cleaning and overhead cleaning
• To recommend and select types of cleaning chemicals and develop procedures for their safe use. Also, to audit the storage and use of chemicals and to ensure that COSHH data is available and adhered to at point of use
• To monitor the effectiveness of cleaning through audits and to be responsible for arranging hygiene/cleaning training for staff. Advise factory management team as to improvement measures that need to be taken to deliver required standards.
You will have a proven track record leading a team in Quality/Technical within the food manufacturing sector. You will ideally have experience working for a company supplying the Major Retailers. You will be an excellent communicator ready to lead by example.
Mon-Fri Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.