Our client is one of the UK’s leading food brands. The food industry is very fast paced, demanding, and constantly developing, therefore the people the company looks to join them have a great personality and the drive to exceed the customers’ expectations.
A new vacancy has arisen to join the company’s busy team, the role available is a Quality Control Operative and is situated in Central Scotland – a more specific location is available on the application. The successful applicant will be required to work closely with Operations ensuring product safety, quality and legality at all times.
• To ensure all relevant CCP, GMCP and legal checks (i.e. labelling, weight control) are carried out correctly and maintained within target parameters, escalating any issues immediately to the Team Leader and Quality Coordinator
• Splitting their time between each production area, carrying out process verification, hygiene and GMP checks and ensuring staff are maintaining an appropriate standard within their areas, escalating any issues to the Team Leader and Quality Coordinator
• To carry out required calibrations for measuring equipment used in Production Factory Areas & all other relevant areas.
• To carry out routine swabbing and finished product testing as required.
• Provide shift cover for QC analysts and lab QCs during holidays where required
• Assist with the sampling, logging, and sending of raw materials/products for external analysis.
• Complete any other reasonable duties as assigned by the QC Team Leader treating this work as a priority over work from other areas.
• Always work safely in accordance with company Health & Safety policies, procedures, practices, and legislation.
• The successful candidate will be a confident, motivated and resourceful individual who displays a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team, with the passion and determination to drive change and improve standards.
• You will possess excellent communication skills, be comfortable communicating at all levels, and will not be afraid to challenge the status quo.
• A methodical approach to work and the ability to pay great attention to detail is also essential.
• A good level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills are also required.
What’s on offer?
• The opportunity to take on a role that is highly visible in a market leading company.
• Current starting salary is £24,000 – £26,000.
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, then please get in touch with me ASAP. Upload your CV to apply or call me for more information.