Quality Control Manager, Scotland
Job type: Permanent
Our client, an industry leading food manufacturer is looking for a Quality Manager for their site in Stirlingshire. Of science/food degree level, you must have a can do attitude and be passionate about what you do. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
• Lead and manage the daywork, shift and micro QC teams.
• The role also involves working in conjunction with departments to provide specification information and testing regimes.
• NC and RFT provide data and provide resource to resolve.
• The key deliverables are to ensure that all required product and raw material testing is carried out in line with legal, global and site guidelines.
• Appropriate levels of interaction with Site SHE, Production, Technical, Maintenance/Services and Process Development groups are necessary.
• Ensure safe operation across all the areas of responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with all Quality, Food safety/hygiene, Environmental standards and procedures.
• Ensure all data generated is accurate and promptly reported in the site systems.
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of interface.
• Motivate and inspire all individuals.
• Ensure testing output meets the requirements of the production schedule and in turn satisfies customer demand.
• Strong leadership skills are critical as success will be delivered through people engagement and giving appropriate direction to personnel.
• Organisational skills, good problem solving, balanced decision making, and people motivation.
• Knowledge of Analytical and Microbiology tests.
• Experience of continuous improvement techniques e.g. 5S, Kaizen, Lean.
• Experience in a Food, Drink or Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
• Previous experience of using the SAP or similar transactional and planning systems is desirable.
• Computer literacy with MS suite
• Recognised degree or higher level educational qualification (BSc, MSc, HNC, HND) in a relevant subject.
• Food safety /food hygiene and/or H&S qualifications would be beneficial.
What’s on offer:
• Very attractive salary + benefits.
• Above standard holiday and pension package.